Terms & Conditions
Changes to Registration
On written confirmation from the Institute of your registration requirements, all details will be considered final. Any changes after this point will need to be made in writing to the Institute via firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations typically close 48 hours prior to the event.
Cancellation Policy – Signature Series events and Professional Development courses
All cancellations must be made in writing to the Institute. Registration fees will be refunded if cancellation is received via written notification at least 30 business days before the event. Cancellations made after this time cannot be refunded. Your refund will be reimbursed via the same payment method you used to purchase the registration. As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person at no cost. Transfers must be made in writing via email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy – Knowledge Series, Thought Leadership and Research Foundation events
All cancellations must be made in writing to the Institute. Registration fees will be refunded if cancellation is received via written notification at least fourteen (14) business days before the event. Cancellations made after this time cannot be refunded. Your refund will be reimbursed via the same payment method you used to purchase the registration. As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person at no cost. Transfers must be made in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of inclement weather or force majeure (war, revolution, act of public enemies or act of terrorism; riot, blockade, insurrection or civil commotion; strike, lockout, stoppage, ban or limitation on work, restraint of labour or other industrial dispute; act of god; epidemic or disease; fire, flood, earthquake, storm or cyclone; malicious damage, smoke or explosion; sabotage, bomb threat, or other threats of violence; act or restraint of any government or semi-governmental or other public statutory authority; judgement, ruling decisions or enforcement actions of any court or tribunal jurisdiction; breakdown of any facilities or machinery or unavailability of essential equipment, supplies or services; cessation of or interruption to water or electrical supply) or any other cause or event not reasonably within the control of the Institute which may affect the event in whole or in part, refunds will be based on the individual circumstances and venue policies.
In order to confirm your attendance at the event, payment must be received in full prior to the event date. For any late bookings, all outstanding balances must be settled in full within fourteen (14) business days after the event date. Event payments can be made by credit card, cheque or direct deposit.
Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. Should you wish to participate in any activities provided at the Trade Booths, you do so at your own risk.
Waiver, release, discharge and indemnity
This clause contains provisions which affect your legal rights
Please read it carefully before proceeding
If you do not understand any part of it, you should obtain independent legal advice before proceeding
By participating in the event you acknowledge and agree that:
- given the contagious nature of COVID-19 and that Queensland Health and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing, there are risks in participating in the event;
- although the Institute will comply with government restrictions, the Institute cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 which has significant health risks;
- you have had the opportunity to consider the risks associated with participating in the event and freely and voluntarily accept:
- all of the risks (foreseeable and unforeseeable) that may result from participating in the event; and
- any and all consequences which may result from those risks (whether foreseeable or unforeseeable);
- while participating in the event you will, at all times, follow:
- government guidelines in relation to COVID-19 and all set procedures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 while attending the event;
- the lawful directions of the Institute and any of its representatives or the representatives the premises at which event is held; and
- any signage displayed at the event or on the premises at which event is held;
- to the full extent permitted at law, you waive, release and discharge each of the Institute and its representatives from and against any and all claims or liabilities which you have, or may at any time have, arising out of or in relation to the event. This waiver, release and discharge extends to all acts, omissions, defaults, failures or errors on the part of all or any of the Institute or its representatives;
- you agree to indemnify, and keep indemnified, each of the Institute and its representatives from and against any claims and liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising out of or in relation to:
- you observing or participating in the event; and
- your acts or omissions while observing or participating in the event;
- you covenant not to sue or commence any proceedings against the Institute or any of its representatives in respect of any loss or damage arising out of or relating to any loss, damage, injury or illness you may sustain which in any way relates to the event; and
- you intend to be immediately bound by the terms recorded in this document and for it to be binding on your executors, administrators and assigns.
Please note that no proceeds from any events or sponsorship is used to support any political party, affiliate or candidate.
Refusal of Entry
The Institute reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any person at their own discretion
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised person
- Refuse entry to any person who purchases an event ticket from an unauthorised source
- Remove any person whose behaviour is deemed disorderly.