Institute moves into top gear immediately following State Election
With the State election out of the way, the Institute has moved quickly to ensure the returned Palaszczuk Government is clear on what it will take the keep the industry firing post COVID-19 and right throughout the new four year term.
Keeping it simple as well as consistent with our pre-election recommendations, the Institute has led with a call for urgent action on the issue of land supply in south east Queensland.
The Institute has called for the establishment of an Affordability taskforce to:
- improve the Priority Development Area (PDA) model and current growth areas approach
- link population increase to the provision of new growth areas for structure planning
- take urgent action when supply falls below the 4-year benchmark
- fast track underutilised urban footprint work to provide tools for efficient housing delivery
- devise an effective funding mechanism to deliver regionally significant infrastructure
- police infill development to ensure it is delivered in quantities that match ShapingSEQ benchmarks
The Institute has also been in contact with the Premier, all new portfolio Ministers, the Leader of the Opposition and the Greens Party representatives to arrange briefings.
To contribute issues to be raised at these meetings please contact Anna Cox, Director of Policy on (07) 3229 1589 or via email.Email Anna