The current regional plan for the Wide Bay Burnett area was released in 2011, and is the next region to undergo a review, the North Queensland Regional Plan being the most recent.
The review could include:
- Urban development boundaries
- Development assessment benchmarks
- A tailored economic strategy which aligns land use, infrastructure and industry development to help support the expected growth in this region
- Priorities that build upon the region’s competitive advantages in aviation, advanced manufacturing and aquaculture and tourism, while also addressing any possible barriers to economic growth
- Proposals to build on existing strengths in the sector and will support new and emerging industries and build a thriving economy over the next 25 years
- Identification of key infrastructure and servicing needs for each local government area
- Integration of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge, culture and tradition
- Input from key stakeholder groups
This is only the commencement of the review that will include:
- Review of existing plan
- Scoping and drafting of new plan
- Economic development and other workshops
- Release of a draft new plan for public consultation
- Finalisation of the plan
The Wide Bay Burnett area, comprises the Fraser Coast, North Burnett and South Burnett council areas, Bundaberg, Gympie, and Cherbourg.
Please contact Policy Executive, Robert Tily at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or on (07) 3229 1589 to pass any comments or if you have any questions.