Gold Coast announces incentives
A range of incentives are available to the property development and construction industry as City of Gold Coast announces measures to stimulate work and boost local employment.
Targeted at smaller-scale projects, these incentives will also assist larger-sized projects. The measures include:
- A fee waiver for pre-lodgement meetings until 30 June 2021
- Reduction in time to assess small changes to a Development Approval
- Express Development Application process designed to streamline and speed up approvals of small scale applications
- Reduction in fees for all Referral Agency Applications for 12 months
- Fee waiver for existing businesses that want to change their operations as a result of COVID-19 until 30 December 2020
- Application advice from the City’s free planning advisory service
- Ongoing customer service commitment for Major Assessment, Bonding and Plan Sealing.
The Institute’s Gold Coast Logan branch wrote to the City of Gold Coast on three separate occasions addressing the need to protect jobs during COVID-19, dedicate funding under the Budget to stimulate activity in the region, and assist and complement the Federal Government’s HomeBuilder Grant.
If members have any questions that directly relate to the incentives announced, they are strongly encouraged to go on to council’s incentives website or contact City of Gold Coast via email or by phoning (07) 5582 8708.