Full cost recovery under discussion with DTMR
The Institute recently met with representatives of the Department of Main Roads and Transport to discuss issues currently experienced by the industry.
A range of issues were discussed, and a number of case studies have been prepared for further discussion including:
- Application of full cost recovery requirements on development instead of the 5% delay impact normally relevant to development near urban areas
- Limited department involvement in growth area planning
- Confusion between local government and the department on agreed traffic modelling, resulting in delays and rework of traffic assessments
- Coordinating intersection upgrades between development approvals and local proposals
- Application of noise amelioration requirements between the department and Queensland Development Code requirements.
The Institute is heartened by action being taken by the department now in growth area planning in Moreton Bay with other agencies. The Institute also appreciates efforts of the department in the regular meetings with UDIA representatives.
Please provide any comment you may have to Policy Manager, Martin Zaltron, via email or on (07) 3229 1589.Email Martin