FNQROC Regional Development Manual reviewed
The Institute has written to the Far North Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils (FNQROC) after reviewing the Regional Development Manual – Version 8 DRAFT (2019) eight amendments (the amendment).
In our submission, we supported the FNQROC coordinated standards for the efficiency that it can bring to development practice and the ease of having all standards in one place. It is crucial however that standards are road tested to ensure they are practical and meet the desires of home buyers.
While most of the material was practical, we provided specific comments on the existing and proposed Standard Drawings, including details regarding:
- Making more room for street trees
- Allowing, for artificial grass on traffic islands
- Allowing for differing ‘Terracotta’ colour treatments
- Allowing for recycled plastic edging
- Bin enclosure reconsideration
- Including more root barrier detail in specific drawings
- Reducing verge widths where they adjoin an open space.
The Institute also provided annotated feedback on the proposed FNQROC’s Design Guidelines and Specifications.
The Institute’s submission is available here.
Any views that you have on this can be provided to Policy Manager, Martin Zaltron, via email or on (07) 3229 1589.Email Martin