Cairns: Council aims to be among best on DA in QLD
The branch welcomes Cairns Regional Council’s recognition of community and industry feedback to consultation undertaken in 2020.
Key opportunities include:
- Shifting to a customer mindset
- Greater continuity with personnel from pre-lodgement to decision (where possible)
- Improved intercommunication between council departments
- Increased focus on the strategic planning (ensuring there is not a myopic focus on statutory planning)
- A pro-active response to applications
- Less rigidity, more flexibility
- Solutions-focused approach from council
- Adopting a more business-like philosophy
- Ensuring conditions are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time based
- Finding efficiencies to accelerate response timeframes.
Cairns Regional Council goal is for the development assessment process to be considered amongst the best in Queensland and will use the feedback to respond accordingly.
Any views or comments for inclusion in Institute submissions can be provided to Policy Manager, Martin Zaltron, via email or on (07) 3229 1589.Email Martin