Budget before Christmas
Immediately after the election the Institute made five key recommendations for consideration in development of the State’s upcoming budget, due before year end.
In brief these were:
- Boost: maintain and boost the regional home building boost grant to $10,000
- Reform: introduce an immediate stamp duty holiday for new housing as a precursor to comprehensive property tax reform over the next four years
- Invest: boost investment in the Catalyst Infrastructure Program/Building Acceleration Fund by $500 million each year for the next four years
- Act: deliver key initiatives to address land and housing supply shortages in South East Queensland
- Protect: fund and provide ongoing support for a South East Queensland koala national park.
Further detail on the proposals are included here.
Any views that you have on this can be provided to Policy Manager, Martin Zaltron, via email or on (07) 3229 1589.Email Martin