Wednesday, 27 March 2024
UDIA Queensland Boardroom
12/120 Edward Street, Brisbane
Member: $654.50 inc GST
Non-member: $1,150 inc GST
Placemaking should be a critical consideration in any development. When urban design is done well, it adds layers of interest and vitality to a project, produces healthy outcomes for users and residents, and creates a commercial edge in the marketplace. For developers, this distinguishes individual projects from competitors and translates to higher price points. It also enhances an organisation’s reputation in the community.
Immerse yourself in the art and science of creating vibrant, engaging spaces with our Placemaking 101 course. Designed for industry professionals seeking to elevate their projects, this course offers:
- Access to special guest speaker Andrew Hoyne – benefit from Andrew’s expertise as he shares invaluable perspectives and innovative approaches to placemaking.
- Expert insights – explore the fundamental principles of placemaking, from understanding community dynamics to leveraging design for positive impact.
- Practical applications – gain actionable strategies for transforming spaces into thriving, community-centric environments. Learn from real-world case studies and success stories.
- Interactive learning – engage in dynamic discussions and collaborative exercises with placemaking expert Andrew Hoyne.
- The theory of placemaking and successful place creation
- Why urban design and placemaking needs to be on the agenda for any development
- Practical steps for when and how to apply place-based thinking
- The social, economic and organisational benefits that can be achieved
- Regional and international best practice examples of creating value through place and urban design
- How to implement the theory using real life projects.
Secure your spot today